Tuesday, May 19, 2015
The Goddess
Skaterina says she is in the spaghetti western memoirs
when they are still in New York City
where he is male modeling, going to acting classes and auditioning
for plays
he had an important (significant? yes!) audition for an exciting new
playwright named Edward Albee who came to fame with "Whose Afraid of
Virginia Woolf ?"
so he chose a gritty scene from a novel by Paddy Chayefsky
The Goddess concerns the early Marilyn Monroe in a bleak love affair
he and a scene partner had been doing this piece in class
at The Bergdorf Studio
he studied with Uta Hagen and Irene Daily
well !
the scene partner had a tv engagement and was not available
from the memoir :
"i asked Kathy to help me out. Kathy surprised me. From our first read through, she was in to it from the get go. After two days of practice, we felt prepared. The
audition took place in a sweaty little room with no windows. It was near Broadway. I signed in to list the scene we would be doing.
"Never heard of that play", said a balding guy with bad breath behind a battered desk in the waiting room"
"A book and a movie," I said. "By Paddy Chayefsky."
The little guy threw up his hands as if to say "whatever"
Kathy and I sat down in the last two chairs and waited for a very long time. I was
getting nervous and knew I"d soon need to loosen up somehow.
My "caged lion" exercise had worked wonders in Irene Daily's technique class as
both energizer and relaxer. Still i was unsure how it might look if I repeated it here. To hell with it , i thought, and began moving about the room on all fours.
Kathy pretended she didnt know me by reading scraps of paper from her purse.
(((have to interject a comment here / this must be the "derring do" he features on
the cover of the book / snicker)))
back to Skaterina :
"During the final rehearsal at home , Kathy had transformed herself into a vulnerable young Marilyn Monroe with a whispery voice ~~~~~'
sounds like her Jackie Kennedy imitaion after 5 martinis !
anyway
gotta go take a nap !
later / hear Marilyn's voice !
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a35080/marilyn-monroe-happy-birthday-mr-president/
when they are still in New York City
where he is male modeling, going to acting classes and auditioning
for plays
he had an important (significant? yes!) audition for an exciting new
playwright named Edward Albee who came to fame with "Whose Afraid of
Virginia Woolf ?"
so he chose a gritty scene from a novel by Paddy Chayefsky
The Goddess concerns the early Marilyn Monroe in a bleak love affair
he and a scene partner had been doing this piece in class
at The Bergdorf Studio
he studied with Uta Hagen and Irene Daily
well !
the scene partner had a tv engagement and was not available
from the memoir :
"i asked Kathy to help me out. Kathy surprised me. From our first read through, she was in to it from the get go. After two days of practice, we felt prepared. The
audition took place in a sweaty little room with no windows. It was near Broadway. I signed in to list the scene we would be doing.
"Never heard of that play", said a balding guy with bad breath behind a battered desk in the waiting room"
"A book and a movie," I said. "By Paddy Chayefsky."
The little guy threw up his hands as if to say "whatever"
Kathy and I sat down in the last two chairs and waited for a very long time. I was
getting nervous and knew I"d soon need to loosen up somehow.
My "caged lion" exercise had worked wonders in Irene Daily's technique class as
both energizer and relaxer. Still i was unsure how it might look if I repeated it here. To hell with it , i thought, and began moving about the room on all fours.
Kathy pretended she didnt know me by reading scraps of paper from her purse.
(((have to interject a comment here / this must be the "derring do" he features on
the cover of the book / snicker)))
back to Skaterina :
"During the final rehearsal at home , Kathy had transformed herself into a vulnerable young Marilyn Monroe with a whispery voice ~~~~~'
sounds like her Jackie Kennedy imitaion after 5 martinis !
anyway
gotta go take a nap !
later / hear Marilyn's voice !
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a35080/marilyn-monroe-happy-birthday-mr-president/
Comments:
<< Home
"Kathy pretended she didnt know me by reading scraps of paper from her purse."
Oh this made me laugh!
Post a Comment
Oh this made me laugh!
<< Home
